Would you like to join a company who deliver freight and parcels throughout the UK and across the globe? Our client have been fulfilling the wide and varied transportation needs to their local customer base for the last 13 years. They work with some of the world’s largest transportation companies to deliver parcels and freight across multiple industry sectors including engineering, aviation, automotive, IT and healthcare. If the world of UK transportation and global logistics interests you and you have a passion for delivering best-in-class customer service read on……..
Sustained growth means they are now looking for an additional Courier and Freight Consultant who will work as part of a team responsible for booking, arranging and progressing shipments on behalf of their customers.
The Key Responsibilities of the Courier and Freight Consultant include:
- Receiving and processing customer quote and booking requests via email and telephone.
- Applying industry knowledge to fulfil specific customer requirements
- Using supplier, and web-based software to update customer records, arrange transportation of international and domestic parcels and freight, selecting the most efficient and cost-effective method to meet the customer’s needs.
· Proactively tracking shipments
· Liaising with customer Services and Finance for any invoice or account queries
· Proactively passing leads, referrals and enquires to the Sales team
· Maintaining knowledge of and observing Carrier Terms & Conditions and Statutory Import / Export Requirements
To be a successful Courier and Freight Consultant with our client you need the following
- Customer-centric ethos with exceptional customer service skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with both internal and external customers.
- Commercial awareness
- Ability to prioritise workloads to meet deadlines
- Diligence, enthusiasm and drive
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to deal with competing demands in a busy environment
- Numerical, analytical and literacy skills to GCSE level 5 or above.
- Experience of using courier and freight software desirable but not essential
· Salary to £28,000 depending on experience
· Monday to Friday 09:00 to 17:30
· 1 hour lunch, 37.5 hours per week
· 28 days holiday including bank holidays
· Parking on site
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £28,000.00 per year