This is an opportunity for an experienced Legal Secretary to provide support to fee earners within a fast-paced Family & Matrimonial department with a high workload, in order to enable them to operate at optimum efficiency. Based within the firm's office in Coventry, the Legal Secretary is expected to use a high degree of self-management and initiative.
- To prepare correspondence and documents through audio-typing and word processing
- To provide administrative support to Fee Earners in case preparation and legal matters generally
- To administer filing which will include daily filing and the opening, closing, storage and retrieval of client files in accordance with the detailed procedures contained in the Office Manual
- To prepare mail and enclosures
- To arrange for all copying to be done, in person if the reprographics team is not available to undertake the task
- To make appointments, arrange meetings and maintain up-to-date diaries
- To prepare the Conference Room for meetings as necessary and for the tidying and clearance of the room at the end of the meeting
- To provide support to other secretaries as required
- To attend to clients both in person and on the telephone and to provide such support in a professional and friendly manner in keeping with the firm’s standards for client care
- To ensure the confidentiality of documentation and information
We are looking for a confident individual with a high level of efficiency and accuracy, who can:
- prioritise their own workload
- communicate clearly both verbally and in writing
- work effectively and flexibly as part of a team
A knowledge of, or willingness to learn, basic legal processes is also important, as well as a confident and professional telephone manner.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please contact Ethan for an informal conversation. If you have submitted your CV and have not heard from us within 5 working days, please kindly assume that you have not been successful on this occasion.
The Caraires Consultancy: a unique recruitment partner experience.