Monday - Friday 2000-0600
Temporary to Permanent
Our client based in Crick are currently seeking a transport administrator where you will be providing on-site operational and administrative support. Responsibilities start with checking-in and checking-out registration of drivers, despatching deliveries and completing key documentation.
An immediate start is available for the right candidate.
- Ensuring the despatching and loading module is kept up to date
- Efficiently and accurately despatching deliveries with all relevant paperwork
- Monitoring the return of empty equipment from deliveries
- Ensuring the delivery point and necessary customers are made aware of late deliveries or loading delays
- Directing drivers to the correct locations on arrival at site as required
- Completing customer KPIs where required
- Making sure the correct trailer numbers are inputted into the internal tracking system
- Monitoring the service board to make sure the correct week number is on the correct trailer for depot trailers
- Monitoring and actioning any calls for the depot
- Reviewing loose equipment and trailer return profiles, escalating any issues directly to the senior transport clerk
- Liaising with drivers on the gate communication system to make them aware of site procedures before entering site, when required
- Liaise with customers to make resources are available when required and paperwork is correctly endorsed
What kind of person are you looking for?
Ideally you will have had experience in a similar role and a sound knowledge of a Transport and Logistics. Strong organisational skills and time management techniques to balance priorities effectively is essential. There is a strong requirement to be flexible, articulate and able to cope when placed under pressure due to the changing environment.