This is an initial 2 year fixed term contract
Our client is a membership organisation and they are seeking an Associate Solicitor to support their legal functions. This role will support all the departments by providing legal advice as required to support the business objectives. This will involve providing legal advice on all aspects of professional conduct/fitness to practise cases, and on issues relating to the Register in order to support the objective of public protection and to provide clerking in-house.
This role is 36.25 hours a week -remote working - flexitime.
- Provide accurate, relevant, and timely advice across the Association on a range of legal matters including but not limited to intellectual property law, charity law, business law, and data protection.
- provide technical and legal advice internally on Professional Conduct/Fitness to Practise cases and any legal or internal challenges to the Professional Conduct procedure/Article 12.6 procedure to support compliance in a legal context and in accordance with the principles of Natural Justice.
- Managing and mitigating legal risk and promoting legal, compliance and risk management best practice throughout the Association.
- Appraise the Association of legal risks associated
Knowledge & experience:
- Practising Solicitor, currently on Roll of Solicitors with a minimum of 5 years proven post qualification experience in regulation or related field
- Proven advocacy experience with evidence of knowledge of legal and regulatory framework, applicable to healthcare regulation
- Ability to understand, explain and apply complex case law and legislation
- Excellent at communicating with people at all levels, and strong influencing and team working skills and ability to work independently
- Evidence of appropriate direction of matters, through correct judgement and confident decision making
- Track record of leading, delivering solutions, taking accountability for the successful resolution of very complex cases
- Working within the 7 Principles of Public Life (the Nolan Principles)
This role reports to The Legal Services Manager