Rotating Shift, required to work Days AND Nights
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced, ambitious Transport Clerk to join our busy depot, within our consumer sector.
You will be working alongside the Senior Transport Clerk and transport team responsible for providing on-site operational and administrative support. Responsibilities start with checking-in and checking-out registration of drivers, despatching drivers and completing key documentation.
What will I be responsible for?
- Efficiently and accurately despatching drivers with all relevant paperwork
- Completing customer KPIs where required
- Making sure the correct trailer numbers are inputted into the internal tracking system
- Monitoring the service board to make sure the correct week number is on the correct trailer for depot trailers
- Liaising with drivers on the gate communication system to make them aware of site procedures before entering site, when required
- Completing all daily tasks for compliance purposes
- Ensure manning levels are updated & correct
- Internal reporting duties
- Downloading vehicle & driver digital tachographs as per requirement
- GTS management
What kind of person are you looking for?*
Ideally you will have had experience in a similar role and a sound knowledge of a Transport and Logistics. Strong organisational skills and time management techniques to balance priorities effectively is essential. There is a strong requirement to be flexible, articulate and able to cope when placed under pressure due to the changing environment. Good IT skills are essential. You will be working a rotating shift covering both days and nights.
Please call us and ask for Matt Ransley for an informal chat about the role. If you have sent us a copy of your CV and not had a reply within 5 working days we would kindly ask you to assume your application on this occasion has been unsuccessful.
The Caraires Consultancy operates with integrity by treating our clients, applicants and suppliers in a fair and honest manner - as we want to be treated.