Shift: 4on4off working 1800-0600
Salary: £24,000 per year
My client based in Leicester is looking for a Front Desk Supervisor to lead a team in its busy transport office. Experience in a similar role is essential, as this is a fast-paced environment.
Knowledge and a strong understanding of drivers WTD is also essential.
- Enforce WTD regulations amongst all staff particularly drivers, addressing all non-conformance.
- Supervise the debrief process ensuring driver vehicle checks, WTD, pallets, signatures & POD's are correctly dealt with.
- Identify all driver CPC non-compliance & report to Operations Manager
- Ensure all staff files are up-to-date incorporating licence validation, personal details, completed training.
- Validate weekly staff expense claims & prepare them for management authorisation
- Assist in accident investigation & follow up, ensuring accurate & timely recording of incidents
- Maintain fleet database & where necessary follow up all defects with the VMU / Fleet Department
- Provide information to the Operations Manager so that weekly KPI reports can be completed.
- Co-ordinate the management of absence & holidays for drivers & office staff
- Support the front desk team to ensure optimum service delivery
- Provide information & support to the Operations Manager to enable the planning & management of depot payroll
- Booking agency drivers, authorising overtime, handling pay queries & ensuring the depot logs are completed on systems
- Co-ordinate the recruitment & retention of staff including uniforms & systems set-up, disciplinary, grievance & exit interview process
Skills & Knowledge
- Knowledge of driver regulations & WTD
- Experience within a Transport & Logistics role
- People management experience including Disciplinary & Grievance processes
- A proactive & practical approach to problem solving within compliance framework
- Able to challenge and ask difficult questions where required
- Able to maintain a strong sense of focus on results, driving tasks & projects to completion
- Good systems knowledge
Benefits of working through The Caraires Consultancy:
(1) We pay the same hourly rate as your permanent equivalent from day one.
(2) We pay 2% employer contribution towards your pension.
(3) We pay annual leave as you accrue it from day one.
(4) We will ensure you receive regular contact from a Caraires consultant. Feel free to pop in or call at any time.
(5) Recommend a friend and you will receive a £25 retail voucher when they work a full week.
(6) Employee of the month: You could win a monthly prize if you’re nominated by your line manager.
(7) We will deliver seasonal gifts as a token of recognition for your hard work.
Please call us on 01788 298040 for an informal chat about the role.If you have sent us a copy of your CV and not had a reply within 5 working days, we would kindly ask you to assume your application on this occasion has been unsuccessful.
The Caraires Consultancy operates with integrity by treating our clients, applicants and suppliers in a fair and honest manner - as we want to be treated.