- Support the company's governance processes to ensure compliance with Charity Law, Company Law, the Charity Commission Code, the company's Articles of Association, Standing Orders and recognised best practice.
- Direct and control day to day Board activities to ensure compliant operation which will maximise the effectiveness of the company's Board ensuring adherence to governance policies and procedures.
- Assist in establishing Board schedules of activity and the delivery of activities to support governance compliance and Board effectiveness.
- Support recruitment, induction and development of volunteers, including Trustees, to optimise performance of governance and non-governance matters across the company.
- Provide clerking activities across the company to deliver consistent and professional records of governance and non-governance meetings, suitable for internal and external publication.
- Maintain and analyse records
- Experience of working within governance essential
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills essential
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Excellent time management skills
- Superb English, grammar and spelling
- High level of computer literacy - MS Office, CRM system
- Must be able to work well under pressure
Please ring us on 01788 298040 for an informal chat about the role. If you have sent us a copy of your CV and not had a reply within 5 working days we would kindly ask you to assume your application on this occasion has been unsuccessful.