This is an opportunity for an experienced Float Legal Secretary to provide support to fee earners throughout an established firm with a high workload, in order to enable them to operate at optimum efficiency. Based within the firm's office in Coventry, the Legal Secretary is expected to use a high degree of self-management and initiative.
4 out of 5 days will be predominantly Private Client / Wills, Trust & Probate workload, with the rest of the week taking-on Commercial (particularly Commercial Property) work.
- To prepare correspondence and documents through audio-typing and word processing
- To provide administrative support to Fee Earners in case preparation and legal matters generally
- To administer filing which will include daily filing and the opening, closing, storage and retrieval of client files in accordance with the detailed procedures contained in the Office Manual
- To prepare mail and enclosures
- To arrange for all copying to be done, in person if the reprographics team is not available to undertake the task
- To make appointments, arrange meetings and maintain up-to-date diaries
- To prepare the Conference Room for meetings as necessary and for the tidying and clearance of the room at the end of the meeting
- To provide support to other secretaries as required
- To attend to clients both in person and on the telephone and to provide such support in a professional and friendly manner in keeping with the firm’s standards for client care
- To ensure the confidentiality of documentation and information
We are looking for a confident individual with a high level of efficiency and accuracy, who can:
- prioritise their own workload
- communicate clearly both verbally and in writing
- work effectively and flexibly as part of a team
A knowledge of, or willingness to learn, basic legal processes is also important, as well as a confident and professional telephone manner.