4on 4off Days 0600-1800
£26,000 per year
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Operation’s Supervisor to manage the day to day operation of the Daventry site. You will be supporting the Operational Management of the depot in maintaining and managing the assets, resources and facilities to maximise both cost efficiencies.
- Actively demonstrating leadership qualities in the day to day running of shifts encouraging and coaching all staff
- Maintaining internal databases and where applicable, following up all defects with the Fleet Department
- Administering the vehicle and trailer maintenance program
- Completing all depot daily checks during shift and recording on the central system, (including trailers, returns, re-books, pallets)
- Direct contact with driver’s on daily performance and improvement actions
- Providing information and supporting the Operation’s Manager to enable the planning and management of depot payroll
- Ensuring all personnel files are up to date incorporating license validation, personal details and completed training
- Co-ordinating the recruitment and training of employees
- Assisting in accident investigation and follow up
- Completing daily risk assessments of the yard and office
- Identifying and informing the Operations Manager of any maintenance and repair issues in the site
- Providing information to the Senior Operation’s Supervisor & Transport Manager so that weekly KPI reports can be completed
- Maintaining a high level of depot cleanliness
- Co-ordinating the management of depot staff & drivers absence and holidays
As an Operations Supervisor you will demonstrate a successful track record of leading and motivating a diverse team to achieve common goals. We are looking for an operations supervisor with excellent communication skills, energetic leadership style and strong problem solving abilities.
Previous experience working within a similar transport related role, you will have a good working knowledge of EU Hours, Working Time Directives and Tachograph legislation preferably with CPC National Qualification. An excellent working knowledge of Microsoft programs including Outlook, Word and Excel. Knowledge of GTS, Microlise or similar fleet systems, would be advantageous, although training will be given.
If you have sent us a copy of your CV and not had a reply within 5 working days we would kindly ask you to assume your application on this occasion has been unsuccessful.
Like us on Facebook!
The Caraires Consultancy operates with integrity by treating our clients, applicants and suppliers in a fair and honest manner - as we want to be treated.