Temporary to Permanent
4 on 4 off Days 6am - 6pm
Based in Crick Northants
Our extremely busy distribution client based in Crick is seeking a forward thinking individual to supervise the day to day operation of their site and its resource pool.
- Adherence to all Company and Legislative compliance standards
- Managing the organisational requirements relating to drivers, depot and yard staff
- Ensuring standards of maintenance of both vehicles and the depot are delivered.
- Support the Operations Manger in delivering improved performance through the Driving Standards Bonus scheme.
- To assist the Operations Manager in all areas of running the transport operation.
- Enforce WTD regulations amongst all staff particularly drivers
- Supporting all elements of Tachograph compliance
- Recording and following through VOSA stops
- Identifying all CPC non compliance and report to Ops Manager
- Manage absence and holidays
- Provide information regarding payroll
- Co-Ordinating and recruiting drivers, dealing with uniforms, disciplinaries, grievance and exit interviews
- Updating of personnel files
- Validating weekly expense claims
- Ensure training needs are met for the drivers including inductions, retraining and annual appraisals
- Administering the vehicle and trailer maintenance programme including MOT's, servicing etc.
- Assist in accident investigations
- Maintenance of depot cleanliness
- 1 years experience within logistics
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Superb communication skills
- Ability to work on your own initiative
- Sound working knowledge of Word/Excel
- High level of numeracy, literacy and accuracy
- Must enjoy working in a fast paced environment to tight deadlines
- High levels of flexibility and motivation