Temporary to Permanent
4on 4off Night Shift, 1800-0600
£23,800 per year
Role and Responsibilities:
The Traffic team has administrative control of the movement of our customer/supplier volume and facilitates the allocation of equipment and loads to, and the despatch, monitoring and debrief of, drivers, agency drivers and contract hauliers.
- Ensure outbound load plans are built accurately on our systems and those of our customers.
- Produce driver manifests and briefing documents as required.
- Brief drivers on their allocated work and requirements. Clarify if communication is an issue.
- Ensuring drivers have the correct paperwork, booking references and instructions.
- Debrief drivers checking and recording hours worked and POA for legal compliance and accuracy.
- Accurately handling driver debrief paperwork and checking for compliance and clauses.
- Liaise with customer services regarding delayed collections and late or claused deliveries.
- Ensure agency drivers are license checked in accordance to requirements.
- All Traffic paperwork is processed and stored accurately for easy retrieval if required.
- Update in house computer system accurately with correct driver and equipment details.
- Legal responsibilities regarding personal safety and that of others.
- Reporting of accidents, incidents and near misses.
- Reporting of hazards and other safety shortcomings which may present a risk to you or others..
- Support the operation through peaks and with holiday cover by working reasonable overtime shifts.
- Assisting with performance data interrogation and queries as required.
- Assisting with the duties of the Operations Shift Supervisor as required.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Good standard of numeracy
- Good standard of literacy
- Good communication skills
- Familiarity with Microsoft Excel
- Good PC familiarity
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Applications
- EU Hours, tachograph and Working Time knowledge
- Time management skills
If you have sent us a copy of your CV and not had a reply within 5 working days we would kindly ask you to assume your application on this occasion has been unsuccessful.
The Caraires Consultancy operates with integrity by treating our clients, applicants and suppliers in a fair and honest manner - as we want to be treated.