Tuesday - Saturday, DAYS, 0800-1600
Temporary to permanent
My client based in Crick is looking for a dynamic individual to join the team in a busy transport office.
Key Role Responsibilities:
- To effectively communicate to customers, depots, third parties and colleagues.
- Ensuring incoming calls are answered and dealt with promptly
- A full pre-brief on departing drivers on departure, and also debriefing them on return from each journey.
- Proactively support transport team to ensure deadlines are met.
- Generating driver journey sheets from in-house computer systems and the issuing of the relevant paperwork to drivers
- Continually monitoring all collections/delivery vehicles
- Daily maintenance of the in-house system,
- Complete all issue logs.
- Assist Team Leader as required
- Ensure work station are kept clean and tidy
- Other duties that may arise from operational requirements
Health & Safety - commitment to safety
Understands, encourages and complies with company/site safety policies and procedures; completes all required training and takes personal responsibility for the safety of themselves and others
Knowledge and Experience required:
- Effective communication ability
- Competent user of all Microsoft Office applications
- Familiar with transport management systems
- Previous experience working in a transport environment
- Working knowledge of transport/driver hours and regulations
Key Performance Indicators:
Ability to understand key customers to create effective relationships
Ability to work effectively as a member of a team and displays quality working relationships with colleagues and/or customers
Drive & Enthusiasm
Energetic approach to achieving the requirements of the role.
Communication and Interpersonal Skills
Effective in written and verbal communications with all colleagues.Demonstrates positive interpersonal skills
Ability to plan and prioritise his or her work effectively, coordinate different elements of the work and, where appropriate, delegate.