Sunday - Thursday, NIGHTS, 2000-0400
Temporary to permanent
You will ensure the efficient and effective operation of the Transport Office. Ensuring drivers depart on time, compile and process vital information, issuing journey details and booking staff on and off shift.
Key Role Responsibilities:
- To effectively communicate to customers, depots, third parties and colleagues.
- Ensuring incoming calls are answered and dealt with promptly
- A full pre-brief on departing drivers on departure, and also debriefing them on return from each journey.
- Proactively support transport team to ensure deadlines are met.
- Generating driver journey sheets from in-house computer systems and the issuing of the relevant paperwork to drivers
- Continually monitoring all collections/delivery vehicles
- Daily maintenance of the in-house system,
- Complete all issue logs.
- Assist Team Leader as required
- Ensure work station are kept clean and tidy
- Other duties that may arise from operational requirements
Knowledge and Experience required:
- Effective communication ability
- Competent user of all Microsoft Office applications
- Familiar with transport management systems
- Previous experience working in a transport environment
- Working knowledge of transport/driver hours and regulations