Sunday - Thursday, Days - 0600-1800 / 0700-1900
£25,500 per year.
Our client, a leading force in logistics, is looking to recruit a transport planner on a temporary basis which could become permanent for the right candidate. This position is based in Coventry & access to your own transport is beneficial due to the location. Experience in a similar is desired.
As a transport planner it will be your responsibility to:
- supervise and manage the allocated Resource Pool (RP)
- plan the most effective Transport Plan within legal constraints
- maintain and look to improve Customer Performance for the RP
- support Transport Shift Manager(s) regarding operational processes
Main responsibilities & objectives:
- Produce effective Transport Plans with the legal constraints of the law guided by the Time Based Planning Process
- Ensure the daily plan replicates the model as per the Time Based Planning process and action all variances in Time Based Planning status board by agreed deadlines
- Check resource availability for the shift by reviewing the manning levels on a daily basis and manage drivers hours in relation to customer requirements and volume demand
- Utilise ‘N’ function in accordance with traffic flows to maximise resource
- Driver management
- Co-operate with your employer to enable any legal obligations to be complied with
- Do not recklessly interfere with anything provided by the employer or others in the interests of health, safety or welfare.
- Bring to the attention of the Retail General Manager any perceived short comings in health and safety arrangements, situations or processes that you consider to be serious or which may present danger to you or others.
- Do not undertake or request others to undertake any works for which you/they do not hold the required competency or authority to undertake.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills:
- Ability to communicate regularly with customers and / or key colleagues
- Planning skills and problem solving skills
- Ability to interpret and translate facts and information explaining situations and issues to people and advising them of alternative or appropriate courses of action
- Ability to follow pre-defined steps, methods or approaches but with the ability to modify and adapt when required