4on 4off Nights, 1800-0600Up to £26,000 depending on experience
Our client, a leading force in logistics, is looking to recruit a transport planner / clerk on a temporary basis. This position is based on the outskirts of Rugby so own transport is essential. Experience in a similar is desired.
- supervise and manage the allocated Resource Pool (RP)
- plan the most effective Transport Plan within legal constraints
- maintain and look to improve Customer Performance
- support Transport Shift Manager(s) regarding operational processes
- Produce effective Transport Plans with the legal constraints of the law guided by the Time Based Planning Process
- Check resource availability for the shift by reviewing the manning levels on a daily basis and manage drivers hours in relation to customer requirements and volume demand
- Driver management
The ideal candidate will have the following skills:
- Ability to communicate regularly with customers and / or key colleagues
- Planning skills and problem solving skills
- Ability to interpret and translate facts and information explaining situations and issues to people and advising them of alternative or appropriate courses of action
- Ability to follow pre-defined steps, methods or approaches but with the ability to modify and adapt when required
Please call us on 01788 298040 for an informal chat about the role. If you have sent us a copy of your CV and not had a reply within 5 working days we would kindly ask you to assume your application on this occasion has been unsuccessful.
Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/CarairesRecruitment
Benefits of working through The Caraires Consultancy:
(1) We pay the same hourly rate as your permanent equivalent from day one.
(2) We pay 3% employer contribution towards your pension.
(3) We pay annual leave as you accrue it from day one.
(4) We will ensure you receive regular contact from a Caraires consultant. Feel free to pop in or call at any time.
(5) Recommend a friend and you will receive a £25 retail voucher when they work a full week.
(6) Employee of the month: You could win a monthly prize if you’re nominated by your line manager.
(7) We will deliver seasonal gifts as a token of recognition for your hard work.