Our client in Crick is looking to recruit two Tansport Shift Managers who will be critical to the success of the operation. Reporting to the Assistant Transport Manager, this role has responsibility for the transport operation and all related activities. A high degree of flexibility is required in this role.
- Ensuring all deliveries and collections are made on time in full and any problems are dealt with quickly and communicated appropriately.
- Management of Health & Safety on shift including creating a culture that is H&S conscious.
- Ensures profitability is maximised by ensuring plans are efficient, empty running is reduced and drivers and fleet is managed correctly.
- Ensure decisions are taken with full knowledge of the Profit & Loss implications to the business and report a range of KPI’s to Senior Managers
- Ensure that the office is fully recruited, and all team members are fully trained, with a development plan in place.
- Ensure procedural controls and instructions are achieving the desired records and standards in line with depot policy
- Manage all holidays, absence management and all disciplinary and training needs
- Ensure all new starters are fully trained on relevant systems and carry put regular performance reviews
- Ensure full compliance of transport and telematics system
We are looking for candidates with excellent influencing and negotiation abilities; strong people management skills and an effective presentation/communication style.
We are also looking for familiarity with transport management systems, transport legislation, drivers' hours and WTD, and experience of working to Health & Safety requirements.
Please call us on (phone number removed) for an informal chat about the role. If you have sent us a copy of your CV and not had a reply within 5 working days we would kindly ask you to assume your application on this occasion has been unsuccessful.
The Caraires Consultancy operates with integrity by treating our clients, applicants and suppliers in a fair and honest manner - as we want to be treated.