Due to year on year growth our client has a vacancy for a Warehouse Manager working 40 hours Monday to Friday.
- Substantial, existing experience working as a Warehouse Manager/Supervisor in a fast-paced palletised/3PL warehouse or parcel network
- Qualifications in the supply chain/ logistics field, or qualified by relevant experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills, high level of personal gravitas
- Highly computer literate with experience of a Warehouse Management System or similar systems
- Experience in working with KPIs to drive process improvements.
Key Accountabilities include:
- Act as the operational leader for the warehouses ensuring professional, cost-effective and efficient methods of warehouse operations
- Develop and maintain key customer relationships, internal and external, ensuring accurate information flows and the effective resolution of service delivery issues
- To demonstrate leadership by initiating and implementing continuous improvements and cost saving plans throughout the warehouse departments to optimize efficiency and profitability
- To ensure that the warehouse operations comply with all budgetary, service, security, stock integrity, health and safety, quality and other legal requirements
- To ensure communication processes are in place to promote regular and effective communication to warehouse staff of all matters including operations, strategy, Group information, HR, health & safety and training etc.
- Lead and manage the warehouse teams ensuring they are working to the required standards, individually and as a team by encouraging ownership of tasks, identifying and using natural talent, actively reviewing progress, agreeing personal training and development needs
- To minimize labour costs, both direct and indirect by ensuring that overtime and agency costs are managed within budget
- To ensure that equipment costs are minimized by effective control of usage and maintenance
- Operational floor presence
- Responsible for laying out and mapping efficient and free flowing warehouse floors
- Manage employee relations activity, such as absence and performance management, disciplinary proceedings and ensure the training and development of the operation is carried out in line with Company policies and procedures
- Ensure that all relevant standard operating procedures are regularly reviewed, updated and trained out to the operation
- Deal with accident reporting, investigations and insurance
- Customer onboarding and set up
Benefits of working for this client include:
Please call us for an informal chat about the role. If you have sent us a copy of your CV and not had a reply within 5 working days we would kindly ask you to assume your application on this occasion has been unsuccessful.
The Caraires Consultancy operates with integrity by treating our clients, applicants and suppliers in a fair and honest manner - as we want to be treated.