Monday - Friday 12pm - 8.30pm (some flexibility with working hours will be required as dependent upon business need)
This would be the perfect role for a team leader looking for their first supervisory role, managing a small, well established team.
Due to a new contract and relocation, our logistics client based in Daventry is looking for a Warehouse Supervisor to look after an 11,000 square foot warehouse.
Reporting to the site lead, the successful candidate will be responsible and accountable for the afternoon warehouse operation. Focus will be the effective running of the afternoon warehouse operation with key emphasis on working safely.
Key responsibilities for this role are (amongst others):
- Strictly adhere to ALL security protocol as this role is based in a TAPA A regulated warehouse
- Coordinating Dutch deliveries - what stock is coming in and going out
- Manage team of 2 warehouse operatives
- Sort customer returns
- Loading and unloading of vehicles
- Organise the floor for the day
- Emails and use of Road Runner (TMS system)
- Lead, train and coach the team
- Ensuring that effective communication processes are in place to promote the regular communication to the team of all matters including operational performance, strategy, personnel, health and safety etc.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Previous team leader experience (preferably in a high security warehouse)
- Experience working in a fast-paced warehouse environment
- Good leadership, motivational and people-management skills
- Take ownership for own and team's performance and an understanding of a target-driven environment
- Able to problem solve and make decisions
- Counterbalance Forklift and PPT licences essential
- Manual handling experience and ability to work in a physically demanding role
- Ability to communicate clearly with customers and suppliers
- Strong IT skills
25 days holiday + bank holidays (33 days)
Company sick pay scheme (after one year of employment)
Refer a friend scheme
Employee of the month award
Please apply below or call us for an informal chat about the role. If you have sent us a copy of your CV and not had a reply within 5 working days we would kindly ask you to assume your application on this occasion has been unsuccessful.
The Caraires Consultancy operates with integrity by treating our clients, applicants and suppliers in a fair and honest manner - as we want to be treated.