£38,435 pa (up to 3 months sickness cover)
We have an opportunity for an experienced web developer to oversee and have day-to-day responsibility for the content of the main website and other communications channels for a large membership organisation, through the commissioning, creation, presentation, editing and final approval of content.
- Manage all content for the website and other communications channels, keeping it relevant and fit for purpose.
- Responsible for structure, design, consistency and writing style with a focus on accessibility, usability, functionality and added value.
- Commission appropriate written and visual content from internal and external stakeholders. Formats to include text, pdf, infographic, video and animations. Make recommendations as to best format, keeping in mind accessibility and SEO needs.
- Develop content and an underlying navigational structure which improves the user experience and is attentive to the ‘customer journey’.
- Work collaboratively with external suppliers and colleagues of the ICT team to make sure the website is compatible with the CMS and CRM.
- Liaise with specialists to make sure necessary warnings, legal requirements, key messages and EDI notices are included on the website to ensure compliance.
- Monitor performance of the website and other communications channels using analytics, highlight trends and make recommendations for changes and improvements to design and function to ensure the website gives members and the public a high-quality service and robust information resource.
What are we looking for?
- Knowledge of Umbraco, web development software
- Excellent inter-personal skills and the ability to communicate at all levels
- Effective verbal and written communication, adapting to audience
- Demonstrable experience of populating and managing a new website from conception to realisation
- Experience of delivering high quality work for a targeted audience
- Knowledge of marketing, copy writing and producing items for a service website
- Analyse trends and effectively problem solve with solution-based approach
- Ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
- High level/ good level of computer literacy skills across different systems, MS Office and ability to learn and adapt to IT systems
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Ability to understand priorities and manage own work load to achieve deadlines
- Adapt to new systems and process
- Experience of managing the needs of multiple stakeholders
- Experience of managing social media channels and the best methods of portraying content to fit algorithms.
Benefits of working through The Caraires Consultancy:
(1) We pay the same hourly rate as your permanent equivalent from day one.
(2) We pay 2% employer contribution towards your pension.
(3) We pay annual leave as you accrue it from day one.
(4) We will ensure you receive regular contact from a Caraires consultant. Feel free to pop in or call at any time.
(5) Recommend a friend and you will receive a £25 retail voucher when they work a full week.
(6) Employee of the month: you could win a monthly prize if you’re nominated by your line manager.
(7) We will deliver seasonal gifts as a token of recognition for your hard work.
Interested? Please call us on 01788 298040 for an informal chat about the role. If you have sent us a copy of your CV and not had a reply within 5 working days we would kindly ask you to assume your application on this occasion has been unsuccessful.
Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/CarairesRecruitment