The Caraires Recruitment Consultancy recognises that modern slavery and human trafficking are a violation of fundamental human rights and are contrary to the Modern Slavery Act 2015 (“the Act”). We are committed to zero tolerance against all forms of modern slavery in our business and in our supply chain.
As a recruitment consultancy providing specialist business support staff on a temporary, contract and permanent basis, all agency workers provided to our clients live and work in the UK. We do not use overseas agents to source workers.
The Caraires Recruitment Consultancy takes a proactive approach in terms of due diligence as outlined below:
- REC Member – professional body for UK recruitment businesses
- All staff working for the Caraires Recruitment Consultancy must have adequate references and undertake an annual self-declaration outlining criminal convictions
- Audits – quarterly, the Directors ensure compliance, monitoring 100% of workers placed on assignment, checking:
- Right to work – workers must prove they are eligible to work in the UK
- Bank account – workers must have proof of own/joint bank account
- Telephone numbers – workers must be contacted on their own telephone number
- Email address – applicable to the worker and no duplicates
- Addresses – a high number of workers are not living at the same address
- National Insurance Number – workers must provide details of their National Insurance Number and no duplicates
- Workers complete paperwork at The Caraires Offices and have 1-1 interviews
- Dedicated consultant telephone number allocated to workers to report concerns of exploitation/human trafficking
- Systems to encourage the reporting of concerns and the protection of whistle-blowers
The Caraires Recruitment Consultancy has ensured that all consultants have received training sessions to raise awareness to all staff. All new starters have a formal induction which outlines our compliance requirements and minimum standards to be met to ensure we meet our zero tolerance approach to exploitation and human trafficking.